Getting a dental job done can be a complicated issue, especially when you are residing in a major city and visiting a dentist for the first time. In such a case, you not only need to find a reliable dentist but also ensure that he follows the right treatment procedures.
While visiting a dentist in Faridabad, you should check the below listed things to make sure that you are in safe hands.
Qualification of the dentist
Dentistry being a licensed profession requires every dentist to hold a license with a registration number from any Indian State Dental Council. Verify that:
- Your dentist holds a license from the Haryana State Dental Council or from any other state dental council and has renewed the same for the current year. Dentistry registration certificate/license has a validity of 1 year and is renewed every year.
- Your dentist has at least a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Degree from a Dental College that is accredited by the Dental Council of India.
There a number of “fake” dentists in India, i.e. practitioners without registration. Be cautious of them.
Continuing Education in Dentistry (DCE)
Since the profession of dentistry witnesses new technologies and procedural developments every year, it is important that your dentist in Faridabad is updated on these to deliver more effective treatments to you.
Continuing Education in Dentistry (DCE) is a lifelong process to be followed by the dentist by participating in various seminars and lectures. You could have a look at your dentist’s certificates or ask him about the last ones he has attended.
Standards of Hygiene
Pay attention to the cleanliness maintained in the dentist’s office and during the surgical procedures.
Make sure your dentist follows modern sterilization techniques to prevent cross-infection and incorporates the use of disposables and autoclaves. You can always enquire your dental practitioner on the methods used by him.
Watch out for
You should watch out for the following type of dentists, which:
- Recommend elaborate or extensive treatment procedures.
- Sell medicines or related supplements.
- Advise on the removal or replacement of teeth instead of root canal treatment.
- Offer dental cosmetic treatments in “single sitting”
Take second opinion in these cases.
Any medical alteration to your body can impact you to a great extent. Exercise cautiousness while opting for any.